Zucchini has plenty of dietary fiber and water, but not a single ounce of fat. It also contains high levels of vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, vitamin C, and vitamin K. In terms of minerals, it has significant amounts of manganese and potassium, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on reasons to add this low-carb green squash to your diet:
“Zucchini, or courgette, is a summer squash related to other gourds like melons and cucumbers. It’s a popular food in the U.S. and in its neighboring countries, having originated from Central America.
Zucchini has gained some serious street cred in recent times because of its low-carb and fiber-rich profile. These characteristics render it the ideal substitute for potatoes, pasta and rice for those on a ketogenic diet.
But on top of its reputation as a keto vegetable, zucchini is also considered a natural medicine for colds, rashes and other minor ailments, thanks to its antioxidants and essential nutrients.
Zucchini has earned more than just its low-carb status. Like most superfoods, it’s a nutrient powerhouse. Let’s take a closer look at five of its most powerful health benefits.
- Fights inflammation – Zucchini contains micronutrients like vitamins A and C that double as antioxidants. These antioxidants scour our bodies for unstable molecules called free radicals that can cause inflammation and trigger the onset of several chronic diseases.
- Supports heart health – Diets with fiber-rich foods such as zucchini are closely associated with heart health. Pectin, in particular, is a soluble fiber in zucchini that reduces bad cholesterol. This cholesterol can clog arteries and raise the risk of heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
- Promotes digestion – If zucchini’s soluble fiber supports heart health, its insoluble fiber supports digestion. This fiber adds bulk to stools to make them easier to pass, thus reducing constipation risk. Like cucumbers and melons, zucchini also holds a lot of water, which helps soften stool.
- Regulates blood sugar – The reason zucchini is one of the go-to rice and potato substitutes is that, unlike those foods, it doesn’t raise blood sugar. In fact, zucchini’s soluble fiber helps stabilize blood sugar, thus keeping it from spiking after a meal.
- Strengthens vision – Eating zucchini as part of a balanced diet can lead to better vision. This is because zucchini is rich in plant antioxidants, such as beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, that help improve vision and protect against age-related eye diseases.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-08-29-zucchini-health-benefits-plus-recipes.html
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?