Clove is a pungent spice used worldwide in a variety of foods and beverages. Its uses extend to other areas as well, particularly due to its well-known analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on the many reasons to use cloves:
“Cloves might not be a common ingredient in your recipes, but they are more than worthy of a spot in your spice rack.
One of the oldest and most storied spices in existence, cloves are the dried flower buds of an evergreen tree that belongs to the myrtle family. Cloves have a rich culinary and medicinal history that dates back thousands of years. Today, they are known for their distinct aroma, and they can add intense warmth to virtually any dish they are added to.
Here are 10 reasons you should give cloves a try:
- Clove boost gut health – Cloves have a long history of use in traditional medicine. Ancient healers used cloves (whole and fried) to improve digestion and relieve gastrointestinal irritation. Cloves can even help stop vomiting, possibly due to their anesthetic properties. Cloves can also be used as a purgative.
- Cloves protect against bacterial infections – Cloves can help protect you from bacterial infections thanks to their antibacterial properties. In one study, researchers found that the active compounds isolated from cloves can stop the growth of two types of bacteria that contribute to gum disease.
- Cloves support liver health – Cloves contain a compound called eugenol, which is especially beneficial for your liver. In one study, researchers fed rats with fatty liver disease mixtures containing either clove oil or eugenol. The results showed that both mixtures improved liver function and reduced inflammation.
- Cloves help control blood sugar – Cloves may help control blood sugar in people with diabetes, a condition marked by high blood sugar. In one study, researchers found that taking just one to three grams of cloves every day for 30 days was enough to help people with Type 2 diabetes manage their blood sugar.
- Cloves promote strong, healthy bones – Cloves are packed with manganese, an essential bone-building mineral. Manganese also helps your body form connective tissues and reproductive hormones.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-11-11-10-reasons-to-use-cloves.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.