Most of a pumpkin’s health benefits come from its micronutrient content and the fact that it’s a fiber-filled, low-carb fruit. While there aren’t many studies on pumpkin specifically, it is high in several nutrients that have established health benefits, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on the many reasons to add pumpkins to your diet:
“Nothing says fall like a hefty piece of pumpkin. Once the temperature starts to drop and leaves paint the skies in dazzling shades of reds and oranges, this popular gourd makes its appearance in coffee, soups, salads – you name it!
But there’s more to this orange winter squash than jack-o’-lanterns and pumpkin spice lattes. With a nutrient profile that’s as impressive as its size, pumpkins are a great example of nutrient-dense foods. It’s high in
fiber, vitamins and minerals, as well as powerful health-promoting antioxidants.
Pick pumpkins for optimal health
Here are nine of the most touted health benefits of pumpkins:
- Boosts immune health – Both the seeds and flesh of pumpkins contain high levels of vitamin C. This micronutrient is so essential for immune health that having high levels of it is thought to reduce the risk of various chronic diseases.
- Helps cleanse the liver – The liver is responsible for keeping your blood free of toxins and harmful substances that may cause health problems. Pumpkins are rich in plant compounds called carotenoids that keep your liver clean and healthy.
- Maintains good vision – Pumpkin is an excellent source of beta-carotene, an antioxidant that your body converts to vitamin A. Vitamin A is important for good eye health and clear vision.
- Supports weight loss – The fiber in pumpkins add bulk to stool, which makes it easier to pass. This high fiber content also means you feel full for longer periods after eating pumpkins. In effect, you may feel less tempted to indulge cravings or snack in between meals.
- Improves skin health – Vitamin C also boosts the production of collagen. Having high levels of this protein helps keep your skin radiant. Vitamin C can also protect your skin from the harmful effects of excessive sun exposure.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-10-31-pumpkins-health-benefits-plus-a-recipe.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.