Spinach contains antioxidants that fight free radicals that can cause cell destruction and premature aging,” says Brooke Alpert, RD, author of The Diet Detox. “Spinach also contains vitamin A, which helps keep skin healthy and aids in wound repair, and vitamin C, which is used to make collagen—a protein that assists in the production of new skin cells.” Spinach is also high in iron, an essential nutrient that few of us get enough of, as previously noted. Here Rose Lidell, Food.news, reflects on nutrient rich baby spinach and several tasty recipes:
“Baby spinach is a versatile vegetable. Whether you’re in the mood for a green smoothie, a salad or even a muffin, you can use baby spinach to whip up your desired treat. Detailed below are seven amazing recipes you can try if you want to serve something tasty and full of leafy greens like baby spinach.
What is baby spinach?
Everyone knows that spinach is, from Popeye’s favorite food, to health buffs’ favorite green smoothie ingredient. But what’s the difference between “regular” spinach and baby spinach?
Spinach is rich in vitamins and minerals like iron and vitamins A and C. There are three varieties of spinach:
- Flat-leaf spinach, the most popular type of spinach in the United States. It has smooth, spade-shaped leaves with a tender texture and slightly sweet flavor. Best consumed raw, flat-leaf spinach can be bought loose or pre-washed and packaged. Baby spinach is a type of flat-leaf spinach that has been picked in the early stages of growth, with leaves that are much smaller, tender and sweet-tasting.
- Savoy spinach or curly leaf spinach has crinkly, curly leaves. This type of spinach is very dark green, with a crisp texture and a slightly bitter flavor. Unlike flat-leaf spinach, savoy spinach is best used for cooking.
- Semi-savoy spinach has semi-crinkly leaves with a similar crisp texture like savoy spinach. This type of spinach is also best served after being cooked.
Dark green baby spinach leaves are healing foods and a must-have in your kitchen if you want to start eating healthier. This superfood can be served in various dishes, from salads, soups, to stews and stir-fries! Baby spinach cooks quickly and doesn’t require any prep.
Baby spinach is low-calorie and it contains fiber, antioxidants and various vitamins and minerals.
Green smoothie with spinach, almond butter and dates
Green smoothies are a great way to boost your nutrient intake efficiently. And if you think a smoothie with baby spinach is gross, you can relax because you’ll barely taste the leafy greens in your drink.
The recipe below is from Alexandra Stafford, a blogger and the author of “Bread Toast Crumbs.”
Stafford notes that her green smoothie recipe is “quenching and restorative.” Naturally sweetened with a date and a banana, this green smoothie is also creamy because it contains almond butter and hemp seeds.
For green smoothie newbies, this recipe might help change your mind about drinking your greens.
You can even tweak the recipe to make it even healthier! Stafford suggests replacing half the banana for a half cup of frozen cauliflower and using chia seeds instead of hemp seeds. Alternatively, you can use non-dairy milk for a vegan smoothie.
Ingredients for 1 smoothie:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice, add more as needed
- 2–4 oz of baby spinach
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 Medjool date, pitted and torn into pieces
- A handful of ice
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or other nut butter
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
- A pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. If your blender gets stuck, stop it. Use a clean knife to mix the ingredients, then puree the mixture again.
- If you think the smoothie is too thick, add water or more milk until you reach the desired consistency.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-07-09-7-tasty-recipes-made-with-baby-spinach.html
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?