Garlic is one of the most popular cooking ingredients in the world. It’s often used to add flavor to dishes, but it can also be eaten raw. Garlic is more than just a cooking staple; in fact, it is also a functional food. Studies show that garlic confers cardiovascular and anti-cancer benefits. Moreover, it can be used to treat bacterial infections, boost immunity and lower cholesterol and glucose levels, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on the benefits of garlic, a flavorful superfood:
“Garlic is one of the most popular spices used in cuisines around the globe. It is also known for its impressive health benefits.
Here are 14 reasons to love garlic, including a few tips on how to incorporate it into your daily diet.
- Relieves cold symptoms – Garlic can relieve symptoms of the common cold pretty quickly. It can also lower your risk of catching a cold in the first place. One study found that people who took a garlic tablet every day for three months had fewer bouts of the cold than those who took a placebo.Lowers blood pressure – Garlic stimulates the natural production of nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide helps relax blood vessels for better blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- Lowers cholesterol – Garlic may also lower blood cholesterol levels by decreasing the production of cholesterol in the liver. A recent review showed that taking garlic supplements helped decrease total cholesterol and “bad” cholesterol levels – two risk factors for heart disease.
- May prevent dementia – Unstable molecules called free radicals can cause oxidative stress, which can play a huge role in dementia and diseases characterized by dementia. Dementia isn’t a specific disease but a broad term used to describe symptoms that affect memory and thinking. Fortunately, studies show that aged garlic extract has antioxidant properties that can help lower the risk of dementia.
- Aids in detoxification – Eating foods contaminated with heavy metals like lead can damage your liver, kidneys and other vital organs. Luckily, garlic has sulfur-containing compounds that can help reduce blood lead levels. They may also prevent signs of toxicity, such as headaches and high blood pressure.
- Heals wounds – Natural healers have long used garlic to treat wounds and prevent infections. For fast healing, apply a poultice made from crushed garlic cloves on your wound. Change it regularly and continue using it until your wound visibly improves.
- Maintains strong bones – Garlic helps increase estrogen, the major sex hormone in women. Estrogen plays a key role in the growth and maturation of bones.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-11-23-14-benefits-of-garlic-a-flavorful-superfood.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.