When consumed in moderation, sweet potatoes can provide a rich concentration of nutrients. This makes them an ideal addition to your meals throughout the year. A substantial amount of research has proven that these naturally-sweet root vegetables possess antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and disease-fighting components, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on good reasons to eat more sweet potatoes:
More than just a fall favorite, sweet potatoes are superfoods brimming with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. So it’s no wonder sweet potatoes are associated with a wide range of health benefits, from better digestion to a lower risk of heart disease.
Science-based benefits of sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes have naturally occurring sugar, hence their name and characteristic sweetness. That said, they can be an excellent addition to a balanced diet, even for people with diabetes! Here are a few reasons why:
- Provides essential nutrients – When it comes to their basic makeup, sweet potatoes are roughly 77 percent water, 20 percent complex carbs, three percent fiber and 1.6 percent protein. They also provide ample amounts of potassium, magnesium, calcium and vitamins A, C and B6, among several others.
- Lowers heart disease risk – Potassium and magnesium, two important minerals found in sweet potatoes, support healthy heart function by lowering your blood pressure. High blood pressure may greatly raise your risk of heart disease and its complications, such as stroke and heart attack.
- Improves digestive health – Because sweet potatoes are an excellent source of fiber, they can boost your digestion by keeping food moving along your intestines. Fiber also binds to stool so that it’s easier to pass. This helps prevent problems like bloating and constipation.
- Helps control blood sugar – Despite their natural sugars, sweet potatoes are quite safe to eat, even for diabetics. For starters, sweet potatoes have a low glycemic index. This means you digest them more slowly, causing a more gradual rise in your blood sugar levels. This effect can be attributed to the carbs and fiber in sweet potatoes.
- Combats inflammation – Sweet potatoes get their orange color from beta-carotene, which also acts as an antioxidant. Antioxidants fight free radicals, which cause inflammation and damage DNA.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-01-05-sweet-potatoes-health-benefits-plus-recipe.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.