In ancient times, the Mayan and Aztec civilizations relied on chia seeds as a dietary staple. These days, chia seeds have taken their ranks among some of the world’s healthiest superfoods. Chia seeds are loaded with nutrients, but they contain a minimal calorie content. If your pantry is in need of more nutrient-dense but affordable options, then look no further than the humble chia seed. Stock up on this superfood now to reap the full health benefits of chia seeds., as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on the health benefits of chia seeds and how to eat this superfood:
“Chia seeds may be tiny, but they provide plenty of nutrients. Lauded as a superfood, they are rich in many key nutrients that support overall health, such as fiber, protein and healthy fats.
Chia seeds have only recently become popular, but they have been around for thousands of years. They come from a desert plant Salvia hispanica that was cultivated by the ancient Aztecs, who used to live in what is now modern-day Mexico.
Todays, chia seeds are a staple in many health-conscious households. Thanks to their mild flavor and versatility, chia seeds are also easy to incorporate into any diet.
Health benefits of chia seeds
Chia seeds are a nutrient powerhouse. Two tablespoons of the seeds provide the following nutrients:
- Carbohydrates – 4 percent of the Daily Value (DV)
- Healthy fats – 13 percent of the DV
- Fiber – 40 percent of the DV
- Protein – 9 percent of the DV
- Calcium – 17 percent of the DV
- Iron – 12 percent of the DV
- Magnesium – 23 percent of the DV
Additionally, chia seeds contain modest amounts of other essential nutrients, including zinc, folate and vitamin C. Given their impressive nutrient profile, it’s no wonder chia seeds have been linked to the following benefits:
- Support healthy heart function – Chia seeds are high in soluble fiber, which attracts water and turns to gel during digestion. This type of fiber may also help lower “bad” cholesterol levels, thereby reducing your risk of developing heart disease. The omega-3 fatty acids in chia seeds also keep your heart healthy by reducing inflammation.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-12-17-7-benefits-chia-seeds-how-to-eat-them.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?