Pecans are a great source of minerals such as copper, manganese, thiamine and zinc. An ounce of pecans (about 19 halves) offers 60% of the Daily Value (DV) for manganese, and 40% of the DV for copper.
Copper has a role in iron absorption, and the mineral works together with iron to help your body form red blood cells. Additionally, copper boosts immunity and keeps your bones, blood vessels and nerves healthy, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on reasons to eat more pecan nuts:
“Pecan pies are all the rage in the fall. Sweet and delectable with just the right amount of crunch, it’s no wonder people go nuts for pecans despite their steep price tag.
Considered a nutrient powerhouse, pecans are brimming with plant protein, beneficial monounsaturated fats, fiber and other essential micronutrients that promote optimal health.
Pecans are associated with a number of incredible health benefits. These include:
- Boosts heart health – The monounsaturated fats in pecans are great for the heart. Studies show that these fats help in lowering total cholesterol, as well as bad cholesterol that could clog arteries, causing heart conditions.
- Promotes digestion – Since pecans are rich in fiber, eating them on a regular basis can help boost digestion, regulate bowel movement and reduce the risk of gastrointestinal conditions.
- Supports weight loss – On top of its role in promoting gut health, the fiber in pecans has been shown to aid in weight loss. That’s because fiber sustains feelings of fullness for longer periods, thus preventing snacking in between meals and overeating. Pecans are also chock-full of B complex vitamins that boost metabolism, allowing us to burn more calories when we’re at rest.
- Reduces cancer risk – Pecan nuts are associated with a reduced risk of breast and colon cancer because of their monounsaturated fats. Fats like oleic acid and ellagic acid, in particular, act as antioxidants to protect cells from damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Fights inflammation – Pecans are rich in beta-carotene, a kind of antioxidant that helps in mitigating the effects of chronic inflammation. Magnesium, an essential mineral found in pecans, also aids in suppressing inflammation.
- Fortifies immune health – Pecans are teeming with immune-boosting minerals, including copper and zinc. Together, these two minerals help ward off infection and disease.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-09-26-pecan-health-benefits-and-recipes.html
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?