Aside from being rich in nutrients like magnesium, selenium, and phosphorus, oats are packed with soluble fiber, a type of beneficial dietary fiber that forms a gel-like substance when digested, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on the outstanding benefits of oat flour:
“With consumers becoming more conscious of their food choices, healthier ingredients like oat flour are making a splash in the market. Oat flour is made from whole-grain oats that have been milled into a fine powder.
Oat flour is delicious, gluten-free and versatile. It is also said to confer a long list of health benefits. Take a look at some of them:
- It gives you nutrients. Oat flour is a nutrient powerhouse. A 1/3-cup serving of the stuff provides seven grams (g) of protein and four g of fiber. It also contains nearly 200 percent of the daily magnesium you need. Oat flour also gives you phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and vitamins B1, B9 and B12.
- It lowers inflammation. Oats have a special group of antioxidants called avenanthramides. These help protect your cells from inflammation, oxidative stress and free radical damage.
- It supports healthy heart function. There are various ways oat flour supports heart health. One way is by improving blood circulation, an effect that can be traced to avenanthramides. Beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber in oat flour, also helps lower your cholesterol levels.
- It aids in weight loss. Pastries made with oat flour are more filling than those made with refined flour. That’s because oat flour contains more fiber, which keeps you full for longer. This has the effect of discouraging overeating and snacking, which could lead to weight loss in the long run.
- It stabilizes your blood sugar. The beta-glucan in oat flour slows digestion. As a result, carbohydrates in foods are absorbed slower, resulting in more stable blood sugar levels. This is why oat flour is a healthier choice for people with Type 2 diabetes, a condition marked by high blood sugar levels.
- It improves skin health. Switching to oat flour benefits your skin, too. Antioxidants in oats help keep your skin moisturized by strengthening the skin’s barrier. Previous studies have shown that oats are also effective at treating symptoms of skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-02-19-oat-flour-benefits-and-recipes.html
SUFFERING ARTHRITIS? Break FREE For GOOD!
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
WOW! Stop the Throbbing and Aching!
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.