Luckily, there are natural ways to fortify the immune system. For instance, eating a balanced diet ensures that the body receives important nutrients. However, boosting the immune system requires more than just eating the usual foods, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on healthy soups to boost your immune system with recipes included:
“There are few things cozier than a pot of soup simmering on the stove. Plus, soup is one of the most hassle-free dishes you can make. Just toss the ingredients into a pot and let them cook for a few minutes so that the flavors develop.
Soups make great immune-boosting foods, too. Certain recipes call for health-promoting ingredients, like garlic, ginger and turmeric. Get cooking and whip up these delicious, heartwarming soups:
Garlic mushroom soup
Garlic and mushrooms are great for boosting immune health. For starters, garlic has powerful compounds that help your immune system ward off foreign invaders. On the other hand, mushrooms are rich in vitamin D, a nutrient critical for immune function. Here’s a recipe that features both of these immune-boosting foods:
- 1 ounce dried mixed mushrooms (e.g., shiitake, porcini)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 whole garlic bulb, peeled and crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder or 1 cube
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the dried mushrooms in a bowl. Leave them to soak for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof pan and add the onion, ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and their water to the pan. Add the vegetable bouillon powder or cube.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover the pan and simmer for 2 hours. Serve with crusty bread.
Roasted cauliflower and fennel soup
Roasted vegetables give this soup a smoky, savory flavor. Plus, vegetables like garlic, onion, spinach and fennel are loaded with immune-boosting nutrients, such as fiber, potassium and vitamin C.
- 1 medium fennel bulb, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds, fronds set aside
- 1 small to medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium head of garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked grains, for serving
- Olive oil
- Fennel fronds, as desired
- Heat the oven to 415 F. Toss fennel with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt on a baking sheet. Do the same for the cauliflower florets but on a separate baking sheet.
- Take a square piece of aluminum foil and drizzle it with olive oil. Place the garlic head on the foil. Wrap it securely around the garlic head.
- Roast the fennel for 20–25 minutes, the cauliflower for 30–35 minutes and the garlic for 30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, heat some olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat if the vegetables aren’t done roasting yet.
- Once the vegetables are done roasting, add them to the pot with the broth. Let the garlic cool for a bit, then squeeze the cloves out of the skin directly into the pot.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in spinach. Let cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Puree with a stick blender or a regular blender. Serve with the cooked grains and the fennel fronds.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-05-25-immune-boosting-soup-recipes.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.