The extremely sour taste of rhubarbs might not appeal to everyone, but there are still many reasons to eat this unique vegetable. One of these is their ability to prevent cancer cell growth. In a study published in the journal Nature, scientists from Emory University found that an orange pigment in rhubarb called parietin has potent anticancer properties., as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on incredible health benefits of eating rhubarb:
“There’s a lot more to rhubarb than pies, tarts and other pastries. This “vegetable” – a highly debatable label – has stalks that resemble celery in height and texture. But rhubarb’s decidedly tart flavor is sure to eliminate any chances of getting them mixed up.
The heart-shaped leaves that sit on top of rhubarb’s light green to purplish-red stalks are inedible and even toxic if consumed in excess. For this reason, recipes often only use the tart, vibrant and crunchy stalks.
The many health benefits of rhubarb
Rhubarb contains several powerful antioxidants, nutrients and beneficial compounds associated with amazing health benefits, from a healthier heart to a lower risk of chronic diseases like cancer.
Here’s the rundown on rhubarb’s incredible health benefits:
- Provides many nutrients – Rhubarb stalks are an excellent source of vitamins K and C, magnesium, manganese, potassium and calcium, among other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Fights inflammation – Some rhubarb stalks have a brighter red color than the others. That’s because of a pigment called rhein, which also works to neutralize free radicals and stamp out inflammation.
- Improves memory – Rhubarb is a rich source of anthocyanins, a group of pigments that give colorful fruits their vibrant peels. But aside from adding color to rhubarb stalks, anthocyanins improve memory and protect it from impairment, especially as you age.
- Fights harmful bacteria – Natural healers have used rhubarb for millennia because of its powerful effects against infection-causing bacteria. Rhubarb is especially beneficial for treating bacterial skin conditions like acne.
- Inhibits tumor growth – Rhubarb has been studied as a potential cancer-fighting substance because it contains a group of aromatic compounds called anthraquinones. Several studies have shown that they helped stop the growth of cancer cells and tumors.
- Lowers bad cholesterol – The fiber in rhubarb stalks helps reduce your bad cholesterol levels. You’re at a greater risk of heart disease and its complications if you have high levels of bad cholesterol.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-11-18-rhubarb-health-benefits-and-recipes.html
WOW! Stop the Throbbing and Aching!
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.
SUFFERING ARTHRITIS? Break FREE For GOOD!
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?