The superfood status of seaweed in recent times has gained popularity all over the world. It is notably the most prominent part of Asian diets for the longest time, particularly in Japan, Korea, and China. There are about 10,000 species of seaweed reflecting its beneficial diversity, in flavor and nutritional properties. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on eating more seaweed for amazing health benefits:
“While seaweed has long been a staple of Japanese cuisine, it’s showing up on more restaurant menus and supermarket aisles in the US. So what gives?
For starters, seaweed is low in calories, fat and cholesterol. In addition, it’s also chock-full of essential vitamins and minerals, making it one of Japan’s healthiest kitchen ingredients.
The fact that it’s plant-based and high in both protein and fiber also places it well within the
radar of health enthusiasts. Plus, its unique umami flavor is sure to have even the most reluctant consumer hooked!
Reasons to eat seaweed
Want to give seaweed a go? You won’t regret it! Listed below are some of the touted health benefits of seaweed, as well as the science behind them.
- Rich in iodine – Seaweed is one of the best sources of iodine, which it absorbs from seawater. Iodine is an important mineral required for proper growth and hormone production. For this reason, pregnant women and breastfeeding moms should aim to increase their iodine intake.
- Controls weight – Previous studies have shown that eating seaweed can help reduce the accumulation of fat in our bodies. In effect, seaweed promotes weight loss and better weight management. In fact, seaweed is so good at eliminating fat that it is a common ingredient in weight loss supplements.
- Supports digestion – Fiber in seaweed supports proper digestion. Seaweed also has a mild laxative effect that can help ease constipation.
- Has anti-diabetic effects – Research shows that fucoxanthin, an organic compound found in brown seaweed, has promising potential for the prevention of diabetes. Kombu seaweed, on the other hand, contains alginic acid, which is said to have anti-diabetic effects as well.
- Supports oral health – Eating seaweed might also be good for our teeth. Seaweed extract is believed to protect against cavities and inflammation in the gums. Seaweed also helps in keeping the mouth free from harmful bacteria, which could otherwise cause oral infections.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-10-20-seaweed-health-benefits-and-recipes.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.