Potatoes are one of the most popular veggie staples available. Many people around the world hold these delectable spuds in high regard due to their versatility. They can be served whole, mashed, fried, steamed or baked – the possibilities are endless. However, cooking potatoes can significantly reduce their nutritional value, especially if they are cooked with salt, oil, margarine or butter, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on things you need to know about potatoes:
“Potatoes have developed a bit of a bad reputation mostly thanks to low-carb diet trends. But these humble spuds aren’t just big lumps of starch with nothing but carbs to their name.
In fact, non-sweet potatoes boast an impressive nutritional profile. Filled with more potassium than bananas and just as much vitamin C as limes, potatoes contribute to keeping our bodies in top shape.
Plus there’s just no going wrong with potatoes in the kitchen. Whether boiled, baked or mashed, these spuds tend to taste like butter with strong notes of earthiness, minus the fat and cholesterol.
Still not convinced? Here are 12 more reasons to embrace potatoes:
- Fights inflammation – Potatoes are very effective at reducing inflammation, thanks to high levels of vitamin C. As an antioxidant, vitamin C helps get rid of free radicals that trigger inflammation.
- Supports heart health – Potatoes are fat-, sodium- and cholesterol-free. They also contain pigments known as anthocyanins, which can help lower your risk of heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure – The potassium in potatoes can help lower your blood pressure, especially when it’s high, by relaxing your blood vessels. This allows for better blood circulation.
- Boosts brain functions – Alpha-lipoic acid, a co-enzyme in potatoes, is closely linked to better brain health. It may even help lower your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Helps calm nerves – The white, starchy flesh of potatoes is rich in tryptophan, an amino acid needed to make the hormones that control your body’s sleep-wake cycle. This explains why you may sometimes feel sleepy after eating potatoes.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-12-16-potato-health-benefits-plus-recipe.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.