Beans and legumes are nutrient-dense alternatives to meat, poultry and fish. As rich sources of protein and antioxidants, beans and legumes support metabolism, immunity and tissue repair. Common varieties to stock up on include black beans, kidney beans, peas, peanuts, lentils and chickpeas, as previously noted. Here Rose Lidell, Food.news, reflects on stocking up on black beans which are considered a superfood full of protein and dietary fiber:
“Black beans are a popular superfood because they’re nutritious and affordable. They’re also a good addition to your diet if you want to lose weight because they contain dietary fiber, which can help you feel full for longer.
The nutrition profile of black beans
Did you know that black beans are three times cheaper than chicken, beef or fish?
If you’re on a diet (and on a budget), you should buy more black beans because they’re naturally rich in fiber, folate, potassium and protein. You can also use black beans as the main ingredient in many recipes. Additionally, you can use black beans instead of less-nutritious refined grains.
A one-cup serving of canned low-sodium black beans contains only 218 calories, 0.7 grams of fat, one gram of sugar, 14.5 grams of protein, 16.6 grams of fiber and 40 grams of carbohydrates.
The same serving of black beans also contains the following vitamins and minerals:
- 146 micrograms of folate (36 percent of the DV (Daily Value))
- 5 mg of iron (28 percent of the DV)
- 84 mg of magnesium (27 percent of the DV)
- 259 mg of phosphorus (37 percent of the DV)
- 739 mg of potassium (16 percent of the DV)
- 0.3 mg of riboflavin (27 percent of the DV)
- 331 mg of sodium (22 percent of the DV)
- 0.4 mg of thiamin (33 percent of the DV)
- 1.3 mg of zinc (16 percent of the DV)
4 Health benefits of black beans
Black beans are a great source of both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can help lower your risk of many chronic diseases. These kinds of fiber can also help you stay full for longer so you don’t snack on junk food between meals.
Here are some of the health benefits that you can enjoy if you eat black beans:
- The dietary fiber in black beans can help you stay regular, which means less constipation and bloating and a healthier digestive system. Black beans also provide fuel for the “good” bacteria in your colon.
- Black beans contain magnesium, which is needed for more than 300 enzymatic reactions in your body, including metabolism. Magnesium is also essential for your bone health.
- Black beans can help lower “bad” cholesterol levels. If you follow a balanced diet and consume enough dietary fiber (at least 25 to 35 grams per day), you can lowed your LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol levels and reduce your heart disease risk. Black beans also contain quercetin and saponins that have heart-protective benefits. Quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can help lower your risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by high LDL cholesterol levels.
- Black beans contain potassium, which can help improve your blood pressure.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-08-27-black-beans-superfood-protein-dietary-fiber-recipes.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?