A pungent hot-tasting red powder prepared from ground dried chili peppers, refers to cayenne. A type of capsicum annuum refers to the type of cayenne pepper. It is considered a moderately hot chili pepper used to flavor food dishes. Cayenne powder may contain a blend of many types of peppers and sometimes not containing cayenne peppers, and may or may not contain the seeds. Cayenne is often used as a herbal supplement and used in cooking spicy food dishes, usually as a powder or in its whole form. Here Ellaine Castillo, NaturalNews.com, reflects on medicinal purposes of cayenne peppers:
“Add some spice to your emergency medical kit with cayenne peppers. This small but highly nutritious superfood packs a punch against various health problems. Some examples of its health benefits include the following:
- Stopping a stuffy nose — Cayenne peppers are effective against nasal congestion due to the common colds, flu, and allergies. It contains capsaicin which breaks up and expels mucus from your sinuses. To enjoy this benefit, just add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to hot water and drink up. Do this three times a day to dilate blood vessels in your nose and drain your sinuses.
Image courtesy of: cold_penguin1952
- Suppressing fungal growth — The CAY-1 compounds in cayenne peppers have potent antifungal effects against 16 different strains of fungi. Moreover, it was shown to induce this effect without harming animal cells.
Image courtesy of: J. Chris Vaughan
- Relieving migraines — Capsaicin in cayenne reduces the amount of substance P, a chemical involved in the delivery of pain signals to the brain. This helps relieve migraine pain. In addition to this, capsaicin reduces platelet aggregation factor (PAF), which causes migraines by interfering with blood circulation in the head.
Image courtesy of: delphaber
- Promoting healthy digestion — Cayenne works as a natural digestive aid. It stimulates the production of digestive enzymes and gastric juices. As a result, the body finds it easier to metabolize food in your system. This superfood also helps with gas and bloating by stimulating the movement of the intestines. Moreover, the capsaicin in cayenne has been shown to protect against stomach ulcers.
Image courtesy of: kightp
- Preventing dry mouth — Saliva is important for proper digestion and maintaining oral health. Unfortunately, some people don’t produce enough of it, which makes them have a dry mouth. By eating cayenne pepper, you can enhance the production of saliva.
Image courtesy of: Victor Wong (sfe-co2)
- Supporting weight loss — Eating cayenne peppers during breakfast can reduce your appetite for the day. This helps reduce your calorie consumption, which consequently promotes weight loss. In addition to this, cayenne can boost metabolism and help burn off excess fat.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-02-23-cayenne-peppers-are-medicinal-powerhouses.html
Photo By krossbow
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.