Lemons (Citrus limon) are some of the most recognizable fruits on the planet. Rich in vitamins and plant nutrients, these versatile fruits from the citrus family can be used to add flavor to foods, clean surfaces, keep insects away or make potent medicine. Here Joanne Washburn, Foods.news, reflects on good reasons to squeeze more lemons into your food:
“Bright, refreshing lemons are known for their face-puckering zing. But lemons are also one of the best fruits to eat for optimal health! Rich in immune-boosting antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds, lemons lend a nutrient-packed punch to a variety of dishes.
The many health benefits of lemons
Lemons boast an impressive nutrition profile that features high levels of vitamin C, folate
and potassium, among many others. So it should come as no surprise that lemons can confer equally impressive health benefits. These include:
- Boosts mood – Inhaling the natural scent of lemons might help lift your mood and let you think more clearly. If you plan to use lemons for this purpose alone, you might have better results using the more concentrated lemon essential oil.
- Controls weight – Drinking warm water with lemon in the morning helps support weight loss efforts. This effect can be attributed to the plant compounds in lemon peel, which have been shown to suppress weight gain and fat accumulation.
- Treats bad breath – Tired of waking up with bad breath? Just down a glass of fresh lemon juice in the morning. Lemons are also great for cleaning the teeth and protecting the gums from harmful bacteria.
- Slashes cancer risk – Like most citrus fruits, lemons are abundant in a class of potent plant compounds called flavones. Previous studies suggest that flavones can help reduce your risk of esophageal cancer.
- Prevents constipation – If you often have trouble “going,” drink fresh lemon juice. The citric acid in lemons acts as a natural laxative to help speed things up along the intestines.
- Supports heart health – The combination of vitamin C, folate and fiber in lemons is said to reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Plus, lemons can reduce the amount of bad cholesterol in your bloodstream, a primary contributor to poor heart health.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-10-21-lemon-health-benefits-and-recipes.html
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?