A single serving of cantaloupe contains more than adequate amounts of vitamin A. This yellow-orange fruit is also rich in vitamin C, which also boosts immune function. Cantaloupe can be eaten as a snack or can be added to salads and desserts, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on incredible benefits of making cantaloupe a part of your diet:
“While not as popular as its cousin, watermelon, cantaloupe is still refreshing, bursting with flavor and chock-full of essential nutrients and powerful antioxidants.
Not to be confused with its other cousin, honeydew, cantaloupe can also confer some amazing health benefits when made part of a balanced diet.
Choose cantaloupe for better health
Here’s how cantaloupe stacks up in terms of its health benefits.
- Keeps you hydrated – When it comes to fruits with high water content, watermelons take top billing – it’s in their name, after all. But cantaloupe isn’t that far behind, containing up to 90 percent water. Plus, cantaloupe is chock-full of potassium, which tends to get lost when we sweat.
- Boosts digestion – The fiber and water combo in cantaloupe helps keep food moving smoothly along your digestive tract. Fiber also absorbs water inside the colon, making stool softer and easier to pass.
- Supports weight loss – The fiber in cantaloupe also slows digestion, which keeps you feeling full for longer periods. As a result, you’re less inclined to snack in between meals or to indulge cravings. In the long run, regularly eating cantaloupe may help you control your weight better.
- Improves vision and eye health – Cantaloupes, like other orange foods, are excellent sources of two important antioxidants for good vision: lutein and zeaxanthin. Both antioxidants help ward off cataracts and macular degeneration, which can lead to vision loss in later life.
- Supports healthy heart functions – The potassium in cantaloupe is crucial for heart health because it helps keep blood pressure levels within a healthy range. With lower blood pressure comes a lower risk of stroke, heart attack and heart disease.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-11-04-cantaloupe-health-benefits-plus-recipes.html
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?