Many people enjoy better health by eating avocados. You will get more nutrients and be safer from metabolic syndrome. You will also have a healthier weight and BMI (body mass index), thinner belly, and higher concentrations of good cholesterol, as previously noted. Here Damel Fernandez, NaturalNews.com, reflects on the many ways to prepare and enjoy avocado:
“If you’re looking for the perfect food to kick off your healthy diet, you can never go wrong with the humble avocado. This green fruit is packed with healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals that all contribute to better heart health, weight control and even healthy aging. Best of all, there are many exciting ways to prepare and enjoy avocados.
What makes avocado good for you?
The avocado is often called “alligator pear” due to the shape and leathery appearance of its skin. This fruit harbors a rich, creamy flavor and is available in many varieties – with the buttery Hass variety being the most popular. The avocado is prized for its high nutrient content and is incorporated in many dishes due to its flavor and texture. Nowadays, the avocado is considered a superfood and has grown to become a popular health food among those looking to improve their diets.
Here are some of the nutrients provided by a single 3.5-ounce (100 g) serving of raw avocado:
- Vitamin C: 17 percent of the Daily Value (DV)
- Vitamin K: 26 percent of the DV
- Folate: 20 percent of the DV
- Potassium: 14 percent of the DV
- Vitamin B6: 13 percent of the DV
The avocado also doesn’t contain any sodium or cholesterol and is quite low in saturated fat.
What’s interesting to note is that the avocado has more potassium than a banana, which is often lauded as a high-potassium fruit. Studies have shown that increasing potassium intake can reduce blood pressure, which is considered a major risk factor for various cardiovascular problems like heart attack and stroke.
Scrumptious ways to enjoy avocado
Besides the crowd favorite, guacamole, here are other ways to enjoy these green delights.
- Seasoned. Considered one of the simplest ways to enjoy an avocado while keeping it fresh. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over your avocado slices before digging in to add a bit more flavor. You can even try other herbs and spices like cayenne pepper, lemon juice or paprika. One example of such preparation is cutting the avocado up into little chunks before drizzling them in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In scrambled eggs. Give your regular breakfast a fruity and creamy twist by adding some avocado into your scrambled eggs. You can add in some diced avocados while the eggs are still cooking in the pan. However, you should only do so once the eggs are halfway cooked to avoid burning the avocado. If you happen to prefer your avocados cool, you can add them after the eggs are cooked and plated.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-08-10-scrumptious-ways-to-enjoy-an-avocado.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.