What’s unique about goji berries is that they contain specific antioxidants called Lycium barbarum polysaccharides, which are thought to provide a variety of impressive health benefits, as previously noted. Goji berries are very nutritious. They are high in fiber, protein and a range of vitamins and minerals including iron, copper, selenium and vitamins A and C. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on reasons you should eat goji berries:
“Dried goji berries might not look like much at first glance. But these nutrient-dense berries have been making the rounds in health circles over the past couple of years – and for good reason.
Endemic to the mountains of Tibet and Mongolia, goji berries have been used for thousands of years in China as both a tantalizing addition to foods and a medicinal substance for improving overall health.
Unfortunately, it’s rare to see fresh goji berries, which grow on lush vines and resemble small Roma tomatoes, in the U.S. Instead, you’ll likely come across dried goji berries and goji berry powder in most health stores and, increasingly, at large, well-stocked supermarkets.
The many health benefits of goji berries
Listed below are the most touted health benefits of goji berries:
- Provides several essential nutrients – Like all berries, goji berries are brimming with antioxidants and nutrients, including iron, copper, zinc, selenium, potassium, thiamine and vitamins A and C.
- Strengthens the immune system – The many antioxidants in goji berries help fortify immunity and strengthen immune cells that fight harmful bacteria and viruses. In fact, one study found that taking 3.4 ounces of concentrated goji berry juice daily for 30 days improved immune function.
- Combats oxidative stress – The antioxidants in goji berries also help fight oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Oxidative stress can end up damaging cells and triggering the onset of chronic diseases.
- Improves lipid profile – Recent animal studies have shown that the extract of goji berries can reduce total cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Having a normal or healthy lipid profile means you’re less at risk of developing heart disease and its related complications.
- Helps fight aging – Goji berries owe their bright red skin to a plant pigment called beta-carotene. As a powerful antioxidant, beta-carotene protects your skin from the effects of premature aging, like wrinkles and fine lines. In vitro studies have also shown that goji berries help prevent DNA damage as well.
- Supports weight loss – The fiber in goji berries helps keep you full for longer periods. This effectively discourages snacking in between meals, indulging in cravings and overeating. In the long run, you might just end up losing a few pounds. You might also find it easier to keep off weight.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-11-27-goji-berry-benefits-plus-recipes.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.