Chocolate is considered a delicious and nutritious snack, given that it is made from raw cacao, where most of its health benefits come from. Raw cacao, unlike processed cocoa powder and regular chocolate bars, is not exposed to high temperatures, which remove many of its unique health benefits, as previously noted. Here Olivia Cook, NaturalNews.com, reflects on cacao nibs, the ultimate superfood packed with antioxidants:
“Cacao nibs are pure cacao beans (or seeds) from the Theobroma cacao tree that are chopped or broken into very small pieces. These bitter, chocolatey-tasting cacao nibs are loaded with an impressive amount of nutrients and powerful plant compounds that have been shown to benefit health in many ways. When you eat cacao nibs, you are essentially eating 100 percent cacao beans.
In ancient Greek, Theobroma translates as “food of the gods” – a tree bearing an unusual fruit with vibrant colors that produces seeds so valuable they’re considered to be a gift from the gods. Cacao nibs are one of the most concentrated sources of more than 500 unique polyphenols, which naturally occur in plants. (Related: The power of cacao explained.)
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Self-Nutrition Data, one full serving of raw cacao nibs (one ounce or 28 grams) provides high amounts of minerals, including:
- Phosphorus, which the body needs to build strong, healthy bones and teeth, as well as other parts of your body, along with calcium.
- Magnesium, a mineral that many people don’t get enough of, supports muscle and nerve function and energy production in numerous biological processes like muscular contraction, vasodilation, blood pressure and insulin regulation. Chronically low levels of magnesium can increase the risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis.
- Iron, which the body needs for growth and development. Your body uses iron to make hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body; and myoglobin, a protein that provides oxygen to muscles.
- Zinc, which helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses. The body also needs zinc to make proteins and DNA, the genetic material in all cells.
- Manganese, which helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood-clotting factors and sex hormones. It plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption and blood sugar regulation. Manganese is also necessary for normal brain and nerve function.
- Copper, which helps maintain the healthy functions of the nervous and immune systems. The body uses the mineral copper to make energy, connective tissues and blood vessels. Copper also helps maintain the nervous and immune systems and activates genes. Your body also needs copper for brain development.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-03-16-cacao-nibs-ultimate-superfood-packed-with-antioxidants.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.