Humanity has known about the incredible healing power of cabbage for centuries. This beautiful cruciferous vegetable is extremely low in calories but high in fiber and nutrients! Cabbage posses a armory of medicinal characteristics. It has been reported to improve bone and colon health, fight inflammation, treat digestive issues, as well as assist in relieving peptic ulcers, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on the health benefits of red cabbage:
“Take your coleslaw to the next level by using red cabbage. Also known as purple cabbage, this strikingly colored vegetable is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial compounds that give it an edge over its green counterpart.
Red cabbage belongs to the mustard (Brassicaceae) family, which also includes broccoli and Brussels sprouts. It has a slightly peppery taste and is crunchy when eaten raw. When cooked, red cabbage takes on a softer texture and adopts a milder, slightly sweet flavor, much like its other peppery family members.
Nutritional composition and health benefits
Members of the mustard family are incredibly healthy, and many of them are even regarded as superfoods. Red cabbage is no different, and it’s incredibly nutrient-dense. Here’s what one cup of red cabbage provides:
- Fiber: 7 percent of the Daily Value (DV)
- Protein: 3 percent of the DV
- Vitamin A: 20 percent of the DV
- Vitamin C: 85 percent of the DV
- Vitamin K: 42 percent of the DV
- Thiamine (Vitamin B1): 4 percent of the DV
- Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6): 9 percent of the DV
- Folate (Vitamin B9): 4 percent of the DV
- Manganese: 11 percent of the DV
- Potassium: 6 percent of the DV
- Magnesium: 4 percent of the DV
- Calcium: 4 percent of the DV
- Iron: 4 percent of the DV
Red cabbage is also an excellent source of anthocyanins. These compounds give red, purple and blue fruits and vegetables their vibrant colors. Anthocyanins double as antioxidants, protecting healthy cells from inflammation and damage caused by free radicals.
Aside from providing nutrients and antioxidants, red cabbage also offers these other benefits:
- Reduces inflammation – Low-grade inflammation is implicated in various diseases, including diabetes and heart disease. Luckily, red cabbage can reduce low-grade inflammation thanks to anthocyanins. In one study, red cabbage was found to effectively decrease markers of gut inflammation by up to 40 percent.
- Supports cardiovascular health – Red cabbage supports heart health in many ways. For starters, anthocyanins can reduce high blood pressure, a major risk factor for heart disease. Red cabbage also contains kaempferol, a compound that may help prevent “bad” cholesterol from clogging arteries.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-11-12-6-benefits-of-red-cabbage.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.