Instead of using conventional, store-bought yeast, why not use a sourdough culture to make your dough rise?
For those unfamiliar with this ingredient, a sourdough culture or starter is actually a combination of naturally-occurring yeast and bacteria and added to a mixture of flour and water.
This mixture, which is considered a “live” product due to the presence of active microorganisms, helps make the dough rise by digesting the starch and producing carbon dioxide.
Aside from making it rise, using a sourdough starter can also help reduce the number of phytates in the dough. Phytates are antinutrients that bind to minerals, thus preventing them from being absorbed by the body.
Another benefit to using sourdough in bread making, experts said, is that it makes the final product have a low glycemic index, making it a boon for those with reduced insulin sensitivity, as previously noted. Here Rose Lidell, Food.news, explores sourdough brownies:
“If you make sourdough bread at home, you might have some sourdough discard left over. Instead of throwing it away, use it to make a batch of delicious sourdough brownies.
How to make a sourdough starter
You get sourdough discard when you make a sourdough starter. You only need two ingredients for your starter: flour and water.
- 1 glass jar or bowl
- 1 paper towel
- 1 rubber band
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4-1/3 cup of water
- Add 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup of water to the jar. If the mixture doesn’t reach a pancake batter-like consistency, add up to another 1/4 cup of flour.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and cover the jar with a paper towel and the rubber band.
- Let the mixture sit for 24 hours at room temperature. Keep the jar in a room that is somewhat warm since very cool rooms may slow the action of the starter.
- After 24 hours, check the mixture for bubbles. If you see some, add 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water. If you don’t see bubbles, stir the mixture and let it sit for 24 more hours.
- Check the mixture again for bubbles. If there are bubbles in the jar, remove half of the starter then add half a cup of whole wheat flour and 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water and stir thoroughly. Let the mixture sit for 24 hours.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-11-18-sourdough-discard-sourdough-brownies-recipe-included.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.