When attempting to increase omega-3 intake, people allergic to fish and seafood can instead get their omega-3s from almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, sesame seeds and chia seeds. Using healthier oils like sesame oil and extra-virgin olive oil for cooking can also help you increase your omega-3 intake.
“Hazelnuts are the hard-shelled nuts from trees and shrubs belonging to the Corylus genus. Sometimes referred to as filberts and cobnuts, hazelnuts are slightly smaller than an acorn and have a tough, smooth shell.
Inside that shell is a sweet-tasting, cream-colored kernel with a thick, dark brown skin that some people like to remove before eating.
The many health benefits of hazelnut
Hazelnuts are often eaten raw or cooked into desserts and other sweet-tasting dishes. In addition, hazelnut oil is sometimes used to make soaps and perfumes.
But more than being a delicious snack, hazelnuts are an incredible superfood boasting a wide range of benefits, including better heart health, lower blood pressure and better digestion, among several others.
Here are eight of the most touted health benefits of the humble hazelnut:
- Provides essential nutrients – Hazelnuts are a good source of vitamins and minerals. In fact, these nuts are considered one of the richest sources of vitamin E and folate of all tree nuts. Other nutrients hazelnuts contain include potassium, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, calcium, zinc and iron.
- Protects cells from inflammation – Hazelnuts are also chock-full of plant compounds with powerful antioxidant properties, most of which are found in the husk of the nuts. These compounds help neutralize harmful free radicals and inflammation associated with chronic diseases.
- Lowers bad cholesterol levels – Recent studies found that eating hazelnuts is associated with lower bad cholesterol levels. Having high levels of bad cholesterol is linked to a higher risk of heart disease.
- Helps lower blood sugar levels – Studies show that a low-carb diet containing vegetables, beans and nuts like hazelnuts helps reduce blood sugar levels and prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Supports weight management – Hazelnuts are an incredibly healthy snack because they don’t have cholesterol or sodium. Plus, instead of causing weight gain, the fats in hazelnuts simply allow your body to absorb vitamins and minerals better. They also help you keep weight off in the long run.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-11-17-hazelnuts-benefits-for-health-plus-recipes.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.