New research from Rush University Medical Center in Chicago suggests that a simple step can be taken to prevent and reverse age-related cognitive decline. Researchers found that eating one serving of green leafy vegetables a day can slow brain aging by a decade. Meanwhile, eating two servings produces even better results, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on the many ways to eat more vegetables and improve your eating habits:
“Time and again, experts have stressed the importance of eating vegetables to maintain optimal health and well-being. In fact, you should aim to eat at least 2.5 cups of vegetables per day if you’re on a 2,000-calorie diet. Unfortunately, the average American falls far short of that, eating only 1.4 cups of vegetables per day.
If you’re not particularly fond of vegetables, don’t fret. There are ways to incorporate more vegetables into your daily eating plan without it
feeling like a chore. Here are some of them: (h/t to FoodRevolution.org)
- Eat veggies you already like. If you already like some vegetables, eat more of those. Carrots, peas and cauliflower are all rather mild-tasting vegetables that are tolerable at worst. Don’t force yourself to eat pungent, strong-tasting vegetables like Brussels sprouts and arugula if you really don’t enjoy them.
- Cut them into appetizing shapes. Experts have found that kids and adults alike respond more positively to foods that are cut into fun shapes. So go ahead and cut your vegetables into hearts and stars.
- Cook them creatively. Boiled broccoli and raw lettuce can get tiring real fast. Make eating vegetables a fun activity by cooking them in a variety of ways. Try grilling asparagus stalks with lemon or stuffing hollowed-out squash with rice. Serve omelets in tomato “cups” or make rice out of cauliflower.
- Make veggie soup. Soup is a great way to eat more veggies because you’d need to puree large quantities of vegetables just to fill your soup pot. Plus, soup has the added benefit of making you feel full for longer than whole vegetables, thereby staving off hunger pangs. Puree steamed veggies with herbs and spices.
- Add them to dishes you already enjoy. The best strategy to eating more vegetables is to just keep eating them. This means adding them whenever you can. To make the process more enjoyable, add vegetables to dishes you already enjoy. Add veggies to pasta sauce, homemade pizza or cooked brown rice and quinoa.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-08-24-15-ways-to-eat-more-veggies.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.