Beans and legumes are nutrient-dense alternatives to meat, poultry and fish. As rich sources of protein and antioxidants, beans and legumes support metabolism, immunity and tissue repair. Common varieties to stock up on include black beans, kidney beans, peas, peanuts, lentils and chickpeas, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reflects on tasty and nutritious bean recipes:
“Beans are inexpensive, filling and versatile – three striking characteristics that make them such wonderful ingredients for various recipes. It’s high time you stopped thinking of beans as basic pantry staples and started thinking of them as go-to ingredients. From salads to burgers, you can make a variety of delicious meals with beans.
If you want to give beans a try, whip up any of these tasty and nutritious bean recipes:
Ancho black bean chili
This hearty chili is incredibly filling. It’s also loaded with essential nutrients, such as iron, folate and vitamin C. This dish can also last for up to three months in the freezer, so feel free to make a big batch and freeze it for later.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 15-ounce cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ancho chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, cayenne and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, honey and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the orange juice. Add more water by the tablespoon if the chili is too thick. Add more salt or cayenne pepper to taste if desired.
- Divide the chili evenly among serving bowls. Garnish with yogurt, cilantro and the remaining orange zest. Serve and enjoy.
Quinoa salad with black beans
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium-sized avocado
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup grated broccoli or cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut the avocado lengthwise around the pit. Twist the two halves to open the avocado. Scoop out the flesh, then dice it. Add this to the quinoa, along with the tomatoes, black beans and grated broccoli or cauliflower.
- Gently stir in the olive oil and lime juice mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.”
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2021-11-09-7-tasty-and-nutritious-bean-recipes.html
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.