Choosing your food wisely is a major part of selecting a healthy diet and increasing longevity as previously mentioned. Here Stephanie Diaz, NaturalNews.com, reflects on the many benefits of vitamin A-rich foods:
Image courtesy of: aemkei
“Show your eyes, skin, and immune system some love by increasing your intake of vitamin A-rich foods. Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is vital for growth and development, cell recognition, vision, immune function, and reproduction. It is also an antioxidant that helps the body protect itself against harmful free radicals.
Vitamin A exists in nature in three different forms: retinol, xanthophyll, and carotenoid. Many foods are rich in vitamin A. Daily consumption of these foods can boost your eye and skin health and improve immune function.
Foods that are rich in vitamin A
Image courtesy of: cambodia4kidsorg
The active form of vitamin A, retinol, can only be found in animal sources. Organ meats, fatty fish, dairy products, and eggs are among the most abundant sources of retinol.
- Turkey liver: Turkey liver is an excellent source of iron, calcium, and other essential micronutrients. In fact, a single serving contains 21,700 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin A, which is more than enough to cover the recommended daily intake (RDI).
- Fish oil: Fish oil is one of the best sources of retinol. A teaspoon of cod liver oil can provide 150 percent of the RDI.
Image courtesy of: MizD!
- Fatty fish: Fatty fish like tuna, mackerel, and salmon are among the richest sources of vitamin A. A serving of tuna can deliver approximately 30,000 mcg of retinol. Eating fatty fish can also increase the intake of omega-3 fatty acid and protein.
- Dairy products and eggs: Yogurt, butter, and egg contain more-than-adequate amounts of retinol. A tablespoon of butter has 317 International Units (IU) retinol while a serving of yogurt has 243 IU. A serving of egg has 300 IU.
Image courtesy of: waferboard
Carotenoids and xanthophyll can be found in abundance in the fruits and vegetables listed below.
- Cantaloupe: A single serving of cantaloupe contains more than adequate amounts of vitamin A. This yellow-orange fruit is also rich in vitamin C, which also boosts immune function. Cantaloupe can be eaten as a snack or can be added to salads and desserts.
Image courtesy of: fortinbras
- Sweet potato: This carbohydrate-rich tuber is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin A. A single sweet potato can deliver up to 438 percent of the RDI.”
I f you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-07-22-your-eyes-skin-and-immune-system-need-vitamin-a.html
Photo By kmardahl
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.