Rice is a staple food in many countries and provides billions of people around the world with an inexpensive, nutritious source of energy. There are many varieties of this popular grain that differ in color, flavor, and nutritional value. Some are abundant in nutrients and powerful plant compounds that benefit health, while others have less impressive nutrition profiles, as previously noted. Here Joanne Washburn, Food.news, reviews incredible benefits of switching to brown rice and recipes included:
“Plain, cooked rice is a staple food in a lot of countries across the globe. But while there are different kinds of rice out there, not all of them are created – or processed – equally.
The ubiquitous white rice, for example, loses a large chunk of its nutrients because of processing. Meanwhile, unprocessed varieties like brown rice retain significant amounts of their fiber, protein and essential minerals.
This is because brown rice still contains all three parts of the grain: the bran, the endosperm and the germ. Most of the nutrients in brown rice and other whole grains, like wheat and oats, can be found in these parts.
Health benefits of brown rice
While it’s true that brown rice takes far longer to cook than white rice and other processed grains, this is nothing compared to the long list of health benefits it has to offer. These include:
- Supports digestion – Brown rice is an excellent source of fiber, an important macronutrient for digestion and regular bowel movement. Therefore, regular consumption of brown rice can prevent digestive problems like constipation and diarrhea.
- Fights inflammation – Brown rice is teeming with antioxidants and minerals that have antioxidant properties, such as selenium. Together, these components help combat both low-grade inflammation and inflammation associated with chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.
- Prevents weight gain – On top of keeping the gut in top shape, fiber can also curb hunger. This is because fiber sits for long periods in the gut, thus sustaining that feeling of fullness. The effect? No snacking in between meals and reaching for a second helping at dinner!
- Promotes restful sleep – Brown rice can aid in the management of insomnia and other sleep problems. It is one of the few foods that contain melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep. Our bodies produce melatonin, but people with sleep problems tend to have problems with melatonin production.
- Maintains strong bones – Brown rice is teeming with minerals essential for bone health, such as calcium and magnesium. Having adequate amounts of these minerals can also help in warding off bone conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Supports maternal health – Some studies suggest that brown rice can improve the immune health of breastfeeding mothers. The nutrients in brown rice can also help increase their resistance to stress for better overall health.
- Boosts brain health – Brown rice is chock-full of manganese and B complex vitamins, both of which contribute to better brain health. The antioxidants in brown rice also help protect brain cells from damage due to inflammation and oxidative stress.
- Protects against heart disease – Brown rice is great for the heart. Research shows that selenium and magnesium in brown rice help eliminate cholesterol buildup along the arteries, which can lead to heart disease.
- Helps in diabetes management – Rice is a big no-no for diabetics, but not brown rice. While brown rice is still high in carbs, its fiber, antioxidants and micronutrients all help in regulating blood sugar. Plus, eating brown rice does not lead to sudden spikes in blood sugar.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.food.news/2020-09-18-brown-rice-benefits-and-recipes.html
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you’ll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that’s 100% Natural with no side effects.