In the context of health or physical fitness, weight loss refers to reduction of the total body mass, due to a mean loss of fluid, body fat or lean mass, namely bone mineral deposits, tendon, muscle and other connective tissue. To improve an actual or perceive over weight or obese condition, a conscious effort must be made. Here Christopher Mohr, PH.D, R.D., MensHealth.com, reflects on lifestyle changes to lose weight:
“A few years ago, one of my friends at Men's Health stepped on the scale and was horrified by the result. He'd somehow managed to pack 20 pounds of flab onto his previously skinny frame. When he looked into the mirror, he saw a fat guy staring back. He decided to make a change, quick.
That day, he gave up his beloved soda. He was only drinking two or three bottles a day, but over the course of six months, he dropped those 20 pounds.
Image courtesy of: CoreyHarris
It was a small change to his lifestyle—no big deal, really. And yet, it had a massive impact on his health and his body.
My point: Making small decisions each day can result in big-time fat loss.
Below are dozens of simple ways to lose weight. Start with one—today!—and watch the weight begin to melt away. Trust me, this is going to be easier than you think.
1. Have a clear goal. It should be one that anyone in the world can measure and understand.
2. Drink tea. Research suggests that those who drink tea—black, green, or white, as long as it's from real tea versus herbal tea—have lower BMIs and less body fat than those who don't consume tea.
3. Eat cayenne pepper. A study published in the British Journal of Nutrition showed that when compared to placebo, capsaicin—the active ingredient in cayenne—increased fat burning.
4. Decrease/eliminate processed carbs. They do nothing for you outside of creating a favorable environment for gaining fat.
5. Eat more veggies. They fill you up, without providing many calories. Just avoid the high-calorie dressings.
6. Eat more fruit. No one ever gained weight from eating more fruit. And that includes the so-called “high sugar” fruits like bananas and melons.
7. Lift weights. Heavy weights. Build more muscle, burn more calories.
Image courtesy of: Personal Training Corpus Christi
8. Cut down rest time between sets. This will keep your heart rate elevated, causing an increase in calories burned. For a great 30-minute, at-home workout that uses this technique, try THE 21-DAY METASHRED from Men's Health.
9. Do intervals. Study after study after study continues to show intervals are more effective and time efficient than longer activity performed at a lower intensity.
10. Eat more protein. Replacing refined carbohydrates with lean protein will not only help satiate you, but will also increase your metabolism—through something called the thermic effect of food.
Image courtesy of: Old Shoe Woman
11. Eat protein more frequently. It's important to also time your intake so you're eating protein regularly throughout the day—not just in one lump sum, like most do at dinner. Every meal and snack should include some protein.
12. Supplement with fish oil. A study published in Lipids fed mice diets enhanced EPA and DHA – a.k.a. fish oil. The researchers learned that the mice fed diets higher in omega-3 fats had significantly less accumulation of body fat. Other studies have shown similar results.
13. Do full body exercises. Think: squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, and pushups. You'll get more bang for your buck out of each workout.
14. Cycle your carb intake based on your activity level. Sure, carbs are important. But on the days you don't work out, you simply don't need as many compared to the days you exercise hard. Rule of thumb: The more active you are, the more carbs you can eat, and vice versa.
15. Start your meals with a salad. Salad will provide some bulk to help fill you up – so that you eat less calories overall.
16. Don't forget the fiber. Think of fiber like a sponge; it absorbs water and makes you feel full.
17. Drink water. Professor Dr. Brenda Davy and her Team from Virginia Tech University found that giving people 2 cups of water before each meal resulted in greater weight loss after 12 weeks. The reason? It helps fill you up.
18. Add beans to your salads. It's a nice way to add some additional fiber, protein, and healthy carbs.
19. Replace one meal a day with a large salad and lean protein. This is a simple way to instantly improve your diet.
20. Keep a food journal. There's no better way to track what you're putting in your mouth.
21. Watch your portions. Avoid the buffet line and never supersize. Instead make sure you're following what the nutrition label recommends for a serving.”
If you would like to learn other solutions to help control your health … click here?
Read More … Article Source: https://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/a19536817/weight-loss-tips-1/
Photo By suanie
Photo By stevendepolo
Photo By SiroGraphy
Finally, a solution has been found and I’m here to tell that you can finally turn the tables on arthritis and break free for GOOD!
Did you know that you can learn the real cause of Arthritis and naturally get rid of it within 21 days?
Every day, millions of Americans experience the nagging, shooting, pinching aches and pains that come with everyday life. Until now, the only way to treat these annoying symptoms were with drugs or other medicines that often caused unpleasant side effects! With Eazol, you'll get an FDA-Registered Pain Reliever that's 100% Natural with no side effects.